Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Pretty Neat Trade!

I hinted in my last post about trading some Mary Maxim kits and a good chunk of my acrylic stash. I traded it for a knitting machine! A Bond Elite to be precise.

Last night hubby helped me set it up and I stayed up til 2am using it. In 4 hours I got it set up, cast on 120 stitches and knitted 70 rows. But I kept dropping stitches and I could not get the hang of it so I ripped everything out and went to bed.



I spent a good portion of today getting used to the machine. I have knitted 325 rows, 120 stitches each. I have been using my dwindling acrylic stash to practice with and am making a particularly ugly striped blanket. It is so much fun!



You have to push this thing across this other thing (pretty technical huh) and you have to do it smoothly and slowly. You also have to keep slack on the working yarn. The acrylic I am using is very rough and it keeps snagging on everything so I haven't been doing a good job keeping it slack. I keep losing stitches on the edges. But it is happening less frequetly and I am getting faster at fixing it.



Well, I had better get back to my little experiment...
Cali

No comments: