Monday, July 28, 2008

The First Post

I have toyed with the idea of starting a blog of my very own for awhile now. I have finally given in, because, you know, I need another place to suck up my dwindling free time like I need a hole in the head.

So if you are interested in what's going on in the life of Caliope, this is the place to look. You will find musings, rantings, pictures and maybe a few pattern mods, probably no original patterns, I am not so skilled yet.

To start things off I have figured out how to make a little slideshow of my flickr album at the bottom of this page. These pictures are all craft related; some of my stash, some of projects I am working on or have finished and some of fibre-related events I have attended.

I have also included some links on the left of the screen:
  • The first one is Ravelry, if you knit or crochet and you haven't heard of Ravelry go quick and click that link. Trust me, your life will never be the same again.
  • The second link is for my etsy store, which I admit I really dont pay much attention to, but if I ever have an Unclaimed Finished Object (UFO = something I made and dont want for myself and can't find anyone else to give it to) I will attempt to sell it in the store.
  • The third link is my yarn pusher's (khetala's) Etsy store. She has beautiful yarn, my pile of sock yarn has very quickly grown to a ridiculous size in the few short months since we met and I am still only working on my second ever pair of socks.
  • The fourth link is for knit picks. If I have any money left over from my allowance after I have given most of it to khetala, I usually give the rest to them. This is THE place to buy pattern books, they have such reasonable prices. I am also in love with their harmony wood knitting needles.

Well, I should probably get back to work...

Cali

1 comment:

Share said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad you started a blog! :D