Sunday, July 1, 2012

Purple Hexiphats


I have made a few hexiphats this week.  All purple with a bit of green!  All three of these yarns were awesome to work with.  They have great stitch definition and make a perfect little puff.


The top hexiphat is from Rebel Yarn.  It has 1 ply of superwash merino and 2 plies of regular merino so the different plies take the dye differently and make for a tweedy looking yarn.  The colourway is Naiad's Dream, it is so pretty.  The base yarn feels a little scratchy though.


The middle Hexiphat is Vervaine.  It is a superwash merino and nylon blend from All For Love of Yarn.  It is gorgeous.  I love yarns like this where there is one colour that pops out and you get excited every time you get to that part of the yarn. I was like Oh! red stitches!  The red is just gorgeous in this yarn.


And on the bottom is Hulk Smash from Gnome Acres.  I absolutely love everything Gnome Acres make.  I like there cute gnomey logo and their bright run colours.  This superwash merino and nylon yarn was no exception!


I am going to be slowing down on the hexipuffing for most of July.  It is the Tour de Fleece!  So I will be spinning in every single spare minute I can find.  Stay tuned for some awesome handspun yarn!

No comments: