Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back from the Sunshine Coast...

Wow! I had so much fun in Gibsons! But it is nice to be home. The Gibsons Landing Fibre Festival was amazing. It was a crazy 5 days!


We spent 4 of the days setting up and manning the Unwind Yarns booth. It was so much fun selling yarn to all the wonderful fibre-y people.
I got to spend 4 days solid fondling yarn and making friends with all our booth-neighbours.











I bought a basket from Africa first and then proceeded to fill it up with yarn, fabric and beads. I bought fabric and I don't even sew. Crazy I am. But it was SO pretty and one day I might use it.

I even did some designing while we were there. I made a pretty shawl brooch out of this funky bead I bought the first day. The lady who sold the beads was so impressed with my idea she made more of them and gave me a bag of free beads for "inventing" the brooch. So that night I designed a set of stitch markers with my free beads. I had to use a few of Shannon's beads too. Then Shannon did the wire bending part and added a jump ring and voila! stitchmarkers. They are little flowers, they even have dirt! Notice the pretty backgrounds in my pics... that is some of the fabric I bought. See, isn't it pretty?





We had such a fabulous time. I can't wait until next year!

No comments: