Sunday, August 17, 2008

Getting Ready for Gibsons!

Next week is Gibsons Landing Fibre Arts Festival! 4 days of wonderful fibre-y fun!

Shannon is going to be selling her yarn at the merchant mall and is letting me tag along to help! So, I took a few days off work and we are leaving for Gibsons on Tuesday night and coming back on Sunday. I am so excited for this little holiday!








I have been helping Shannon as much as I can to get ready. I learned to reskein yarn. I love untangling the tangled hanks. I haven't quite figured out how to turn the hanks into the tidy twists like Shannon does but no biggy... This weekend we had a reskeining sleep-over. I labelled 68 skeins of yarn. It was so much fun getting to play with all that pretty fibre! Here is a sneak peek of some of the colours.


Today, Sunday, I have spent the day making book marks, we are going to attach a stitchmarker that Shannon has made and sell them at the festival. It has been a lot of cutting and gluing but I got 70 made.




Tomorrow I will do laundry and pack and the next day we will be heading out! Woo Hoo! I am so excited for Gibsons!

Hopefully I'll see you there...

Cali

No comments: