Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Orange you glad I made more hexiphats?



Ok, lame title I know... but I just had to do it.  I finished up my batch of orange hexiphats.  They were a lot of fun to knit as always.  These little honeycombs are just so addictive. 

The goldish orange hexiphats at the 2 and 6 o'clock positions are from a Wandering Wool sample called Topaz.  It was a great sample to knit up.  It made a nice soft solid fabric.  The subtle variations are very nice.

The bright hexiphat in the middle of the flower is from a sample called Diwali Rangoli dyed by Fiber Charmer.  It was such a fun colour to knit up but the yarn is a lighter fingering weight so the stitches at this gauge aren't quite as defined.

The pretty little puff in the 7 or 8 o'clock position is Melt Away Mints dyed by Shetibo Presents - Knotty Ewe.  The colours are so exactly the little mints I eat every Christmas.  I didn't love the yarn base though, it held up nicely to the stitches but it was awfully splitty.




No comments: